1. Downton Abbey cast revealed to have gotten White House tour
They quite fancied the twee fixer-upper, noting that it rivaled some of their best servants’ quarters.
2. Jennifer Lopez drops out of The 33, big-screen drama about trapped Chilean miners
With shooting beginning next month, this really puts the production in a hole they’re going to have trouble getting out of.
3. A&E cancels Hoarders after six seasons
Your psychologist, of course, advises you to keep only the memories of the show you really need.
4. Gretchen Rossi and Alexis Bellino not invited back to The Real Housewives of Orange County
Answering the question: What is more embarrassing than watching The Real Housewives of Orange County?
5. Charlie Sheen reports for jury duty, is excused
But he banked a couple of plea bargains while he was there, so it wasn’t a total waste of time.
6. ABC developing modern-day Harry Houdini police procedural
He’ll crack some of L.A.’s biggest cases, just as soon as he gets out of these handcuffs…
7. University of California at Irvine offers free online course based on The Walking Dead beginning Oct. 14
And to get you in the right headspace, the class is live-streamed from 4 to 5 a.m. Hey! No groaning!
8. Lucky 7 has lowest-rated fall drama debut ever on ABC
So consider yourself part of history if you were one of the lucky six to tune in.
9. Channel 4 in the U.K. to debut TV show called Sex Box, which features people having sex in a box in front of live audience
It’s loosely based on Miley Cyrus’ performance at the VMAs, plus a box.