Just like you, Conan O’Brien is obsessed with Breaking Bad. Just like you, he’s been spending the last few months both eagerly anticipating and dreading the series finale on September 29. And just like you, Conan also thinks it’d be just awesome to spend half an hour palling around with Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, and Vince Gilligan.
But unlike you, Conan actually has the power to make that last part happen. Thus, last night’s episode of Conan — a celebration of AMC’s Emmy-winning drama, featuring altered opening credits, appearances by every full cast member, several goofy in-joke segments (“BarrelFlex: Get fit the Breaking Bad way!”), and even a special musical guest: Los Cuates de Sinaloa, performing the opening song from season 2’s “Negro y Azul,” a.k.a. “The Ballad of Heisenberg.”
The whole thing’s a must-watch for anyone who can’t get enough Breaking — but if you’re strapped for time, here are a few highlights:
– The cold open, in which Conan drives to a remote desert location to dig up a barrel hiding very precious cargo
– Two alternate titles for the episode: Mr. White Meets Mr. Extremely White, and It’s Conan, Bitch!
– Bryan Cranston offering a fake bit of finale intel: “The only one who stays alive is [baby] Holly. And so we have a sequel: Holly White — The Story Continues. She has a little gun.”
– The greatest fan letter Cranston has ever received, which really must be heard to be believed:
– Conan and Bob Odenkirk reminiscing about the early days of Late Night
– Dean Norris explaining that he named his son after Vince Gilligan (aww!)
– Anna Gunn revealing what’s really in Walt’s tighty-whities: A can of hairspray.
The full episode isn’t online quite yet — but you can find all these clips and more at TeamCoco.com.