- TV Show
- run date
- Ellen Pompeo, Chandra Wilson, Justin Chambers, James Pickens Jr., Kevin McKidd, Jessica Capshaw
- Current Status
- In Season
Here at EW, we have a new weekly series in which we — and readers — weigh in on ways to rehab much-maligned characters on some of our favorite shows.
Oh April. You’re so cute and sweet. But you are really annoying as hell, sometimes. What are we going to do with you on Grey’s Anatomy? Here are a few thoughts.
1. Let her pass her boards: It’s just weird that they rarely address the fact that April (Sarah Drew) is not a board-certified surgeon. Sure, she moans about it. But generally, it’s an afterthought.
2. Keep her away from Jackson: Sorry, but April doesn’t deserve him. She should marry her paramedic, move on, and quit mooning over Jackson’s (Jesse Williams) abs. She had her chance and blew it. No need to relive that tragedy.
3. Give her a better storyline: Yes, she’s the born-again virgin. Yes, she was caught in a quasi-love-square with Jackson, Matthew (Justin Bruening), and Stephanie (Jerrika Hinton). But she also showed signs of being a decent doctor. Have her focus on the medicine, and put the men on the back-burner. Then she might not be so whiny.
4. Give her a best lady-friend: She’ll never fill Cristina’s (Sandra Oh) shoes as Meredith’s (Ellen Pompeo) person, but April could definitely benefit from some tough love from Dr. Grey. Or maybe Callie (Sara Ramirez), who just caught her wife cheating, could lean on April during her marital problems, and in turn, April could learn to be a bit more of a badass like her new bestie. That’s a win-win situation.