Season 5 of Radio Disney’s multiplatform competition show N.B.T. is already underway and in about a week, it’ll be time to start the voting on the latest set of contestants. The kick-off concert last weekend brought out not only Disney TV stars like Bella Thorne and Zendaya (Shake it Up) and Kelli Berglund and Billy Unger (Lab Rats), but also past N.B.T. artists Shealeigh and Coco Jones, who performed along with this season’s five new contestants and R5. Take a look at this exclusive behind-the-scenes video hosted by Austin & Ally‘s Laura Marano.
Over 10 weeks, N.B.T.‘s aspiring young recording artists get to showcase their music across national broadcast and online platforms. Radio Disney and Disney Channel audiences will get to check them out and vote for their favorite artist through RadioDisney.com, Radio Disney Facebook page and Twitter, or by text. The winner will perform on Austin & Ally and have a new single released by Disney Music Group.
Voting begins on 10/26 at 7pmET/4pmPT.
Here’s a quick rundown of the competing season 5 artists:
- Chloe and Halle Bailey: 14-year-old and 12-year-old (respectively) sister pop singers and actresses from Atlanta, Georgia.
- Katherine Hughes: 17-year-old acoustic pop singer and actress from New York, New York.
- Damian Otchere: 16-year-old pop and R&B singer, dancer and actor originally from Brooklyn, New York, currently residing in East Orange, New Jersey.
- Jack Skuller: 16-year-old modern rock and pop singer, and songwriter from Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Elle Winter: 13-year-old pop singer, songwriter and actress from New York, New York.
For more on N.B.T.: