Tonight’s Glee, titled “The Break-Up,” is one of the most emotionally wrenching episodes in the series’ history. The hour focuses on the strained relationships of four of McKinley’s favorite couples: Finn/Rachel, Kurt/Blaine, Will/Emma, and Santana/Brittany. Without spoiling too much, EW got an early glimpse at the episode and here are some of the [MINOR SPOILER ALERT] highlights from tonight’s cant-miss installment.
- Viewers will get a brief peak into Finn’s military experience and learn that there was another Rachel in his life
- Kurt, Blaine, Finn, and Rachel reunite in New York City and take a pivotal trip to NYADA students’ favorite karaoke bar, Callbacks
- Santana returns home and has a couple very sweet moments with Brittany
- Will gets news that will alter both his job and his relationship with Emma
- One of these characters will reveal that they’ve cheated on their significant other
- McKinley’s musical this year (last year’s was of course West Side Story) is revealed
- Jake makes a big decision regarding his relationship with Marley and Kitty
- Rachel almost solely wears short shorts and boots
- Blaine’s stripped down, emotional version of “Teenage Dream” is one of the highlights of the episode and Gleeks should be prepared for major tears
- That moment, though, may be topped by a climactic, moving speech by Rachel, which is arguably the best acting Lea Michele has done on the series
- The hour culminates in a flashback-heavy cover of Coldplay’s “The Scientist”
It’s safe to say the Glee world gets turned upside down after tonight’s shocker of an episode. Get ready, Gleeks.
Follow Tim on Twitter: @EWTimStack