1. As a kid he was teased for being a ”half-breed.” His mother was an 18-year-old Jamaican and his father was a 50-year-old white British officer.
2. To cure his stage fright, he would perform in front of graves at a cemetery.
3. Although Marley’s band, the Wailers, didn’t hit it big until the ’70s, their first single was released back in 1964.
4. When he first came to America, he drove a forklift at a Chrysler factory and vacuumed floors at a Delaware hotel.
5. Marley had 11 children with seven different women and, according to some eyebrow-raising reports, smoked a pound of marijuana a day.