Say it ain’t so!
After news that both Kristen Wiig and Andy Samberg (and possibly Seth Meyers if that hosting gig works out) have called it quits on Saturday Night Live, rumors are swirling that Jason Sudeikis might hang up his devil horns and call it a day.
36-year-old Sudeikis, a seven-year vet of the program, recently told Men’s Journal in excerpts published by the NY Daily News, “I’ve left places before. This is very, very different,” and “Goodbyes are tough.”
In addition, he told Rolling Stone earlier this month, “I’ll miss the people. The people, the process, the parties — those are the three p’s I’ll miss the most.”
If Wiig, Samberg, Meyers and Sudeikis are all gone next season, the show is going to get a major overhaul, and in the middle of an election year — typically Saturday Night Live‘s strongest time. Some pleading to Bill Hader: Don’t even think about leaving. We’re going to need Stefon more than ever. I assume Hader will also be drafted to be the new Mitt Romney if Sudeikis really is done.
Do you think Sudeikis is leaving Saturday Night Live? Vote in our poll below.
Sudeikis will next appear in The Campaign, the Will Ferrell/Zach Galifianakis comedy out in August.