Part 1 of Justin Bieber’s NBC special, All Around the World, flopped in the ratings. If you missed it Wednesday night, the main takeaways were some footage of him passing out in a backstage stairwell after running into a plate glass wall during a concert and Justin comparing his dramatic rise in popularity to Michael Jackson and the Beatles. Yikes!
Here’s what you missed in Thursday’s part 2, because you weren’t watching, because no one was.
Did all the teens just not know this was on? Were they like “What’s NBC — is that like YouTube?” Weird.
Basically the Biebs was unconscious for four to five minutes after passing out after the glass wall attack in Paris; then he woke up. “I can still be a millionaire!” cried manager Scooter Braun (paraphrased). Having survived a concussion, Justin attempted to show off a small bump on his forehead to a camera, but no one could find it. Crisis averted!
After finally making it to New York, the power went out during Justin’s “secret show” at the Apollo Theater. He ended up performing an impromptu drum solo and encouraging group singalongs while singing through a bullhorn. Fans went nuts. This kid lives for his fans!
Ultimately the same thing happened this week as when I watched Never Say Never last week — while conducting research in order to ask “Justin Bieber, what is your damage?” It turns out that the more footage of this wildly successful moppet I see, the more I end up liking Justin Bieber. What a world! Cases in point:
TOP 10 THINGS JUSTIN BIEBER DID DURING NBC’S ‘ALL AROUND THE WORLD’ SPECIAL THAT AT FIRST SEEMED ANNOYING BUT TURNED OUT TO BE KIND OF CUTE
10. Held a car door open for videographer Alfredo Flores while saying “ladies first”
9. Scribbled with a boring plain black marker all over his laptop
8. Acted incredulous when he was told his two Madison Square Garden shows had sold out in 30 seconds
7. Dunked basketball on a lowered hoop in Mexico City hotel suite
6. Rode around on that stupid Segueway EVERYWHERE
5. Had to be convinced to shower before showtime by his entire management team
4. Paired neon yellow high tops with a thick bejeweled belt and wristcuffs
3. At the “secret show” at NYC’s Apollo Theater, kept bending down to touch fans’ hands and then snapping back up to fix his hair
2. Laid on his back strumming a guitar before a sold-out show as Scooter Braun said “The first time the Beatles met Elvis, he was just lying on his back trimming his guitar with a sold-out show.”
1. Displayed this hairstyle and temporary tattoo:
Have you converted to Justin Bieber’s personal religion yet or am I still the only creepy adult in the room?