• Leonardo DiCaprio is officially set to step into the loafers of ’80s wheeler-dealer-turned-federal-inmate Jordan Belfort for Martin Scorsese‘s The Wolf of Wall Street now that the film has acquired its financing. For more information on Wall Street, see Adam Markovitz’s post.
• DiCaprio is also eying Alejandro González Iñárritu-helmed The Revenant, about an 1820s bear mauling. [Vulture]
• Emergency responders have never been so sexy! Halle Berry picks up the phone as a 911 call center operator in The Hive. TV stalwart Brad Anderson (Fringe, Boardwalk Empire) will direct Berry, whose character must overcome her fears to save a teen from a psycopath. [Variety]
• Hugh Jackman is also getting his thrills in Prisoners, directed by Denis Villeneuve (Incendies). Jackman’s character is a small-town carpenter who seeks vigilante justice when his daughter and her best friend are kidnapped.
• Rupert Grint and Chloe Moretz are in talks to join The Drummer, a biopic about Beach Boys percussionist Dennis Wilson. Aaron Eckhart will portray Wilson, Vera Farmiga will play Fleetwood Mac member Christine McVie, who dated Wilson fro 1979-1981. Moretz is meant to play Wilson’s daughter Jennifer, and Grint plays Stan Shapiro, a William Morris mailroom boy who became Wilson’s friend late in the rocker’s life. [Variety]
• It’ll be leisure suits and platform boots for Clive Owen and Billy Crudup, who have inked deals to star in ’70s thriller Blood Ties, directed by Guillaume Canet. Marion Cotillard (who has a child with Canet), Mila Kunis, James Caan, and Zoe Saldana are also Tied to the project. [THR]
• Nathan Fillion is taking over the role of Hermes in Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Sea of Monsters. Dylan Neal played the role in the first Percy installment. Headliner Logan Lerman, Jake Abel, Alexandra Daddario, and Brandon T. Jackson are all returning. [THR]
• Mickey Rourke, Anthony Michael Hall, and Danny Trejo will be Dead in Tombstone. Trejo plays the leader of a gang of outlaws, who makes a deal with the Devil (Rourke) to come back to life after freeing his double-crossing half-brother (Hall) from prison. [Deadline]
• Indie biopic Snake and Mongoose has cast Grey’s Anatomy regular Jesse Williams and Dragonball: Evolution‘s Richard Blake to play drag racers Don “The Snake” Prudhomme and Tom “Mongoose” McEwen. [Variety]