If you were stranded on a deserted island, and you could choose only one material to have with you, what would it be? Duct tape, obviously. MythBusters hosts Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage find out whether it can help them survive and escape when the show returns to Discovery on a new night, Sunday, March 25. Get your exclusive first look at the promo for the hour below and behold duct tape shoes, cups, hats, and surfboards (?!).
More myths to be tested this spring:
• A highly controversial myth: the “battle of the sexes” to find out who’s better at navigating, grilling, loading a car, reading non-verbal cues and, of course, driving.
• Adam and Jamie find out if driving in stilettos can really make you a hazard behind the wheel. (Can’t wait for that one!)
• Can you really use a rocket-powered ejector seat to flip an upside down sports car à la James Bond?
• In the movie Date Night, two cars become conjoined after a fender bender, leading to a crazy chase sequence. But could two hooked-together cars really drive as one?
• The guys literally reinvent the wheel to find out if you can ever get a smooth ride in a car that has square wheels.
• Is it possible to construct a rocket powered go-cart that won’t blow up its rider?
• Replicating a viral video, the MythBusters find out what really happens when the mother of all flamethrowers faces off in a duel with the mother of all fire extinguishers.
• Can a dust cloud created by a foursome of 4×4 really blind the all-seeing eye of the latest military hardware?
• Could someone survive jumping off a building wrapped in bubble packaging?