When not asking to borrow money, most people ask me, ”Seth, why would the guy who created Family Guy record an album of swing tunes and jazz ballads from the ’30s, ’40s, and ’50s?” Well, I could tell you I’ve always been drawn to the musical honesty and vulnerability of the Great American Songbook, and that I’ve always loved the rich, lush sound of a jazz orchestra… Or I could just give you eight reasons to buy it.
1. If you sat through a three-and-a-half-minute Conway Twitty song, you can sit through this.
2. There are no songs about Fridays — or any other day of the week, for that matter.
3. You can play this album for all your stoner friends and see how long it takes them to say, ”Whoa, dude… That’s Brian the dog singing!”
4. In a few years, it will be revealed that Auto-Tune causes ear cancer.
5. Scarlett Johansson was so excited about this album that she posted naked pictures of her bum on the Internet.
6. I used Frank Sinatra’s actual microphone. If you don’t buy it, the microphone still knows people it can call to have you killed.
7. The title track was co-written by Adolph Green — possibly the last person in 70 years to be named Adolph.
8. Hidden within random wrappers of my album are five golden tickets to tour the Family Guy facilities. So buy a lot.