I can’t believe this is my final blog for season 12. What an amazing summer it has been. After 75 days, 28 competitions and 11 evictions, the summer of the “Brigade” officially came to an end last night as Hayden emerged victorious after narrowly besting his fellow grenade launcher, Lane, by a vote of 4-3.
I think it’s worth acknowledging the rare feat that we were treated to this summer — one that is almost unheard of in the world of reality television. When have you ever seen an alliance formed in the early stages of a game stay intact to the very end? The members of the “Brigade” alliance got together early, stayed loyal throughout the entire season (with the exception of evicting Matt), wisely made side alliances in the off chance they needed them, and survived week-to-week despite lackluster physical performances by several members. That’s pretty impressive any way you slice it. Kudos to the “Brigade” for a well played and entertaining season.
Here’s what I think Matt’s inner monologue sounded like last night during the live finale: “Are you freaking kidding me? How am I, the brains of the ‘Brigade,’ sitting in the audience watching the beast, the meow, meow and the animal competing for the $500,000 prize?” I would imagine that’s a serious blow to Matt’s ego, as he was the self-appointed mastermind behind one of the most dominant alliances in Big Brother history. And rather than competing against his brethren for the grand prize, he was sent packing.
On a better note…I was happy that Britney won the “Fan Favorite” award last night. She was a true competitor who played a terrific game and was always reliable for a classic sound bite.
I thought I would switch it up a bit for my final blog and give you my “Top 5 Moments” from this season (in no particular order). Here we go:
– Rachel returns to the house for 24 hours after being evicted and has two raging blowouts with Ragan (I think the “Ratress” was in over her head when she waged war with a communications professor).
– 12 hours of dancing courtesy of Pandora’s Box (one of my favorite moments ever on Big Brother).
– “The Neanderthal Fight” when Brendon and Britney fought in the backyard (Britney’s coming out party).
– Matt using the Diamond Power of Veto to save himself and blindsiding Kathy. (You gotta love a classic blindside “you big dummy.”)
– Rachel and Kristen fighting after the live show (one of the best cat fights in Big Brother history).
What do you think of my list of moments? What did I miss? What were your favorite moments? Tell me below!
That’s it for this summer. Thanks so much to everyone for such an amazing season. You are without a doubt the most loyal and dedicated fans in all of television. Thanks for helping to make this a Big Brother summer to remember. See you in 2011.