Hey Lost fans! Want to win Lost: The Complete Collection? We’re giving away 12 Blu-ray sets (sorry, no DVDs), courtesy of our friends at Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment.
Did you miss out on the Lost auction? There’s still a chance to own some Lost memorabilia with the complete Blu-ray box set, which includes a special edition collectible Senet game as seen in Season 6; custom replica island; all episodes, plus 30-plus hours of bonus footage; and more. For a teaser of what the DVD has in store, check out Doc Jensen’s exclusive look at the collection and our interview with executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.
Here’s how to enter to win:
1. Go to our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/entertainmentweekly
2. Click “Like” at the top of the page
3. Find the post on our Wall announcing the giveaway, click Comment, and write an original haiku that expresses your appreciation for your favorite Lost character. Don’t be shy — get creative, and show your mastery of Lost lore! Official rules after the jump.
4. If you’re a winner, we’ll contact you via Facebook message to request your mailing address.
EW’S “LOST” BOX SET CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES (NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)
1. HOW TO ENTER: This contest begins 11 A.M. PT/2 P.M. EST on Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2010, and ends 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. EST, Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2010. To enter, first “Like” Entertainment Weekly on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/entertainmentweekly, and write our our “Wall” (as a comment on the post announcing this giveaway) an original haiku that expresses your appreciation for any one character from the TV show “Lost” (a haiku is a poem consisting of 17 syllables divided into three lines of five, seven, and five syllables each). Haikus, in the form of a message written on our Facebook wall at http://www.facebook.com/entertainmentweekly, must be date-stamped by 7 P.M. PT/10 P.M. EST, Tuesday, Aug. 24, to be eligible. Limit one entry per person per Facebook account. Entries become sole property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged. By entering, Entrant warrants that his or her entry (1) is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, (2) has not been published in any medium or (3) has not won an award.
2. JUDGING: All entries will be judged by EW.com editorial staff, based on the following criteria: Originality (25%); Creativity (25%); Use of language (25%); and Appropriateness to contest theme (25%). In the event of a tie, an additional “tie-breaker” judge will determine the Winner from among all such tied entries using the judging criteria above. Incomplete and/or inaccurate entries and entries not complying with all rules are subject to disqualification. Decisions of judges are final and binding. Each of the 12 winners will be notified via a message sent to their Facebook account by 3 P.M. PT/6 P.M. ET, Thursday, Aug. 26, 2010. To claim their prize, winners must respond to that message by 3 P.M. PT/6 P.M. ET, Friday, Aug. 27. Failure to claim your prize by that time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the continental United States who are 14 years or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor and its promotional partners and their respective parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility or waiver of liability before any items can be awarded or claimed.
4. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: 12 Winners will receive “Lost: The Complete Collection” on Blu-ray. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the giveaway at any time, for any reason, with no further obligation to the Winners. The prizes are awarded without warranty, express or implied, of any kind.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted. Nothing in these official contest rules shall obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any entry submitted in connection with this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. By entering, Entrant represents that any haikus and other materials submitted as part of Entrant’s Contest entry are original and will not constitute defamation or an invasion of privacy or otherwise infringe upon the rights of any third party, and that the Entrant owns or has the rights to convey any and all right and title in such haiku and other materials. In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted haiku, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). Potential Winners, as a condition of receiving any prize, also may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release and confirmation of a license as set forth above, certifying, among other things, the following: (a) entry does not defame or invade the privacy of any party; (b) entry does not infringe upon the rights of any third party; and (c) the haiku and other materials submitted are original and have never been published and entry has never won an award. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use Winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical information, haiku, and other materials submitted for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering and/or accepting prize, Entrants and Winners agree to hold Sponsor and its promotional partners, its directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Contest, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse, or condition of any of the prizes awarded, or claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion or privacy. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the immediate and unrestricted right to disqualify any entrant or prize winner, if either commits or has committed any act, or has been involved or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which the Sponsor deems likely to subject the Sponsor, entrant or winner to ridicule, scandal or contempt or which reflects unfavorably upon the Sponsor in any way. If such information is discovered by Sponsor after a winner has received notice of his prize and before the prize is awarded, Sponsor may rescind the prize in its entirety. If a portion of his/her prize has already been awarded, Sponsor may withdraw the remainder of the prize that has been fulfilled. Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters related to this paragraph. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the state of New York without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the City of New York, without recourse to class action suits.
8. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Rules is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction or appointed arbitrator, such determination shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision herein.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For name of Winner(s), available after Aug. 31, 2010, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to Lost giveaway list, 135 W. 50th St, New York, NY 10020, attn. Chad Schlegel, or log onto http://www.ew.com/winners after Aug. 31, 2010, available for a period of 60 days.
10. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Entertainment Weekly, 135 W. 50th St., New York, NY 10020.