HBO’s star-studded Broadway-themed pilot The Miraculous Year has lined up another impressive name: Susan Sarandon.
The Oscar winner has been cast in the recurring role of Patty Atwood, the director/choreographer of the play-within-the-show.
Produced by Tony winner John Logan and Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow (who’s directing the pilot), Year centers on a wildly self-destructive and manipulative Broadway composer (played by Broadway vet Norbert Leo Butz) who’s juggling both a challenging new show and his dysfunctional New York family.
Production on the pilot begins today in New York.
Year‘s impressive cast also includes…
* Hope Davis as Mandy Vance, Terry’s sister, a corporate lawyer.
* Frank Langella as Alex Segal, Terry and Mandy’s father, a world-class painter.
* Eddie Redmayne as Connor Lynn, a performer in Terry’s show.
* Linus Roache as Scott Vance, Mandy’s husband.
* Patti LuPone as Veronica, a Broadway star.
* Stark Sands as Duke Ellis, Veronica’s son.
* Elaine Cassidy as Brona McKinney, Terry’s assistant.
* Remy Nozik as Lara Vance, Mandy and Scott’s daughter.
* Logan Georges as Cameron Vance, Mandy’s and Scott’s son.
* Lee Pace as Frank Moss, Terry’s partner.
* Louis Ozawa Changchien as Tamil Lee, an art curator.
* Giancarlo Esposito as Harold Burton, Mandy’s boss.
* Karine Plantadit as Nadine, dancer in Terry’s show.
* Brooks Ashmanskas as Fritz, Terry’s librettist.
* Andre Ward as Mathius, dancer in Terry’s show.
* Erik Altemus as Brandon, dancer in Terry’s show.
* Daniel Davis as Frederick, Terry’s mentor.
Thoughts? Here’s mine: If this show doesn’t get picked up to series, there are going to be a lot of really angry theater fans out there.