Sad trombone for me!) So, in celebration, let’s take a look at the stand-out moments of her career that make me feel bad about my own accomplishments:Some of us have been watching Selena Gomez ever since she appeared on Barney & Friends, but not many people knew who this up-and-coming pop princess was until just recently. Gomez turns a young 18 today, but still has achieved more than I have in my life so far! (Seems to be a trend in Hollywood today…
1. Her music career is skyrocketing. Her hit single, “Naturally” — who else can’t ever get this tune out of their head? And Gomez’s new single, “Round & Round,” is one of the catchiest songs I’ve heard in a while. Keep ‘em coming!
2. Her new movie, Ramona and Beezus, in theaters tomorrow, has a great cast (Josh Duhamel – I’m in!), and marks the first time Gomez has appeared on the big screen. Her second movie, Monte Carlo, is currently slated for 2011.
3. As if I don’t feel guilty enough admitting my love for “Naturally” and “Round & Round,” Gomez’s series, Wizards of Waverly Place, continues to be essential viewing in my household. And, no, I’m not 12.
4. Who doesn’t love a celebrity getting involved with philanthropy? Gomez is active in UR Votes Count, DoSomething.org, and Disney’s Friends For Change, just to name a few.
5. She dated Taylor Lautner…need I say more?
Sigh, is there anything this girl can’t do?