Scrubs star Sarah Chalke, 33, who’s engaged to attorney Jamie Afifi, gave birth to son Charlie in Canada on Dec. 24…. *NSYNC’s Joey Fatone, 32, and his wife, Kelly, welcomed baby Kloey, their second daughter, on Jan. 11 in Orlando…. John Rich, 36, half of the country duo Big & Rich, is a first-time dad: His wife, Joan, delivered their son, Cash, on Jan. 10 in Nashville.
Rescue Me star Andrea Roth, 42, and fiancé Todd Biermann are expecting their first child in April.
Singer Jamie Cullum, 30, and author-model Sophie Dahl, 32, tied the knot Jan. 9 near Lyndhurst, England.
David Hasselhoff, 57, announced Jan. 6 that he’s leaving America’s Got Talent. He’ll be replaced as a judge by Deal or No Deal host Howie Mandel, 54, NBC revealed…. On Jan. 12, a team of activists including actors Jessica Biel and Emile Hirsch made it to the top of Tanzania’s Mount Kilimanjaro — the highest peak in Africa. The group embarked on the climb Jan. 7 to raise awareness of the global clean-water crisis.
Art Clokey, 88, who created the beloved 1950s clay-animation character Gumby with his first wife, Ruth, died Jan. 8 in Los Osos, Calif…. Film critic and French New Wave director Eric Rohmer, 89, died Jan. 11 in Paris…. Miep Gies, 100, a Dutch woman who helped hide Anne Frank and her family from the Nazis during WWII, died Jan. 11 in Hoorn, the Netherlands.
— WIth additional reporting by Stewart Allen
Hollywood Trend: Puttin’ a Ring on It!
Call it a diamond rush. This winter, it seems everyone’s popping the question or flashing their bling. (It’s no surprise, really: According to wedding-planning website The Knot, 40 percent of all proposals occur between November and February.) Take a look at the celebs who’ve recently announced engagements.
· Comedian Russell Brand, 34, proposed to singer Katy Perry, 25 — his girlfriend of four months — during a year-end vacation in Jaipur, India. On New Year’s Eve, after the two watched the midnight fireworks at the luxe Rambagh Palace hotel (while sitting atop an elephant, of course), Brand reportedly took Perry to one of the resort’s gardens and asked for her hand.
· After dating for a year, 30 Rock‘s Jane Krakowski, 41, and Psycho Bunny fashion designer Robert Godley, 39, got engaged Dec. 20 in NYC.
· Backstreet Boy A.J. McLean, 32, got down on one knee for girlfriend Rochelle Deanna Karidis at a Hard Rock Hotel nightclub in Vegas on Jan. 9.
· Rocker Marilyn Manson, 41, reportedly proposed to his on-again girlfriend, True Blood actress Evan Rachel Wood, 22, during a recent concert in Paris.
· Michael Bublé, 34, announced Jan. 10 that he’s engaged to girlfriend-of-one-year Luisana Lopilato, 22 — and has been for months. The Canadian crooner popped the question to the Argentine actress (and costar of his latest video, ”Haven’t Met You Yet”) in front of her family in November.