In the week leading up to the Labor Day holiday weekend, broadcast television ratings were once again dominated by a double-whammy of NBC’s America’s Got Talent. The show took the top two spots for its Tuesday and Wednesday night airings, which drew 12.8 million and 12.4 million viewers respectively, for the week ending Sept. 6. However, the domination of America’s Got Talent shouldn’t last that much longer — the broadcast networks have already begun rolling out their fall slates, although the biggest shows, like those on ABC and CBS, won’t be returning until the week of Sept. 21.
Amid a bevy of repeats of CBS shows that pepper the rest of the Top 20, there were a few other bright spots, including the Tuesday edition of CBS’s Big Brother (No. 7) with 7.8 million viewers; new episodes of Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen and ABC’s Wipeout, which tied at No. 9 with 7.6 million viewers; the CMA Music Festival (No. 11) on ABC with 7.4 million viewers; NBC’s Dateline and Saturday Night Football, which tied at No. 14 with 7.1 million viewers; ABC’s Primetime: Crime and NBC’s America’s Got Talent recap, which tied at No. 16 with 7.0 million viewers; and finally the Thursday edition of CBS’s Big Brother (No. 19), which drew 6.8 million viewers.
The full Top 20 is after the jump.
1. America’s Got Talent Tuesday | NBC | 12.8 million
2. America’s Got Talent Wednesday | NBC | 12.4 million
3. NCIS (R) | CBS | 10.1 million
4. Two and a Half Men (R) | CBS | 8.5 million
5. The Big Bang Theory (R) | CBS | 8.3 million
6. CSI: Miami (R) | CBS | 7.9 million
7. Big Brother Tuesday | CBS | 7.8 million
8. The Mentalist (R) | CBS | 7.7 million
9. Hell’s Kitchen | Fox | 7.6 million
(tie) Wipeout | ABC | 7.6 million
11. NCIS (R) | CBS | 7.4 million
(tie) CMA Music Festival | ABC | 7.4 million
13. Criminal Minds (R) | CBS | 7.3 million
14. Dateline | NBC | 7.1 million
(tie) Saturday Night Football: Alabama vs. Virginia Tech | ABC | 7.1 million
16. 60 Minutes (R) | CBS | 7.0 million
(tie) Primetime: Crime | ABC | 7.0 million
(tie) America’s Got Talent Recap | NBC | 7.0 million
19. Big Brother Thursday | CBS | 6.8 million
(tie) CSI (R) | CBS | 6.8 million
More from EW.com’s Hollywood Insider: