For the week ending Aug. 2, NBC’s summer powerhouse America’s Got Talent was on top yet again. The show’s Tuesday and Wednesday episodes came in at No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, drawing 13.2 million and 11.2 million viewers. But right on the heels of NBC’s talentfest was the finale of ABC’s The Bachelorette, which rolled in at a strong No. 3 with 10.9 million viewers — a season high for the series. Jillian’s big decision meant big, youthful ratings for the frothy summer dating show, which earned nearly 50 percent of its viewers from the advertiser-coveted 18-49 demo (where it topped Talent at No. 1 for the week) and scored again at No. 11 for its After the Final Rose special on Tuesday.
As has been the case for most of the summer, repeats dominate the Top 20. After The Bachelorette‘s Tuesday special at No. 11, the next new show was So You Think You Can Dance, which appears at No. 12 and No. 14, with 7.8 million and 7.6 million viewers for its Wednesday and Tuesday episodes, respectively. The second week of Hell’s Kitchen rolls in at No. 16 with 7.0 million viewers — a surprising 8 percent boost over the previous week’s premiere episode. (All that yelling from Gordon Ramsay in the debut did not go unnoticed by viewers!) The final new episode to make the Top 20 was the Sunday edition of CBS’s Big Brother, which appears at No. 17 with 6.8 million viewers.
The full Top 20 is after the jump.
1. America’s Got Talent Tuesday | NBC | 13.2 million
2. America’s Got Talent Wednesday | NBC | 11.2 million
3. The Bachelorette | ABC | 10.9 million
4. NCIS (R) | CBS | 9.7 million
5. 60 Minutes (R) | CBS | 9.6 million
6. Two and a Half Men (R) | CBS | 9.1 million
7. The Mentalist (R) | CBS | 8.7 million
8. America’s Got Talent Tuesday (R) | NBC | 8.6 million
9. The Big Bang Theory (R) | CBS | 8.5 million
10. CSI: Miami (R) | CBS | 8.1 million
11. The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose | ABC | 8.0 million
12. CSI (R) | CBS | 7.8 million
12. So You Think You Can Dance Wednesday | Fox | 7.8 million
14. So You Think You Can Dance Thursday | Fox | 7.6 million
15. Law & Order: SVU (R) | NBC | 7.2 million
16. Hell’s Kitchen | Fox | 7.0 million
17. Wipeout (R) | ABC | 6.8 million
17. Big Brother Sunday | CBS | 6.8 million
19. CSI: NY (R) | CBS | 6.7 million
20. Cold Case (R) | CBS | 6.6 million
Extended ratings news from EW: