Harry vs. Edward, Bill vs. Eric, Emmy vs. actor, Bachelorette hopeful vs. …other Bachelorette hopeful: Competition heated up PopWatch this week. Between Harry Potter’s release, the Emmy Award nominations, and the latest elimination on ABC’s The Bachelorette, the pop-culture faceoffs were both numerous and discussion-worthy.
10. Apparently the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences didn’t take our suggestions for best lead drama actor Emmy nominees when they announced the list on Thursday.
9. Two men are left vying for the affection of The Bachelorette, but the real drama’s going down in EW.com’s highly disturbing and entertaining series, The Doll Bachelorette.
8. CBS’s murder-mystery Harper’s Island ended last weekend, but hopefully we’ll see much more from the cast in the future.
7. Missy Schwartz is trapped in a sad vortex of Michael Jackson nostalgia, and she’s ready to snap out of it.
6. Must List Live! asked the pressing question: Who’s the hotter True Blood vampire, Bill or Eric?
5. I didn’t find too much to complain about during my bleary-eyed midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but you vented your frustration about significant book-to-film changes here.
4. Margaret Lyons asked: Who’s more popular: Harry, Ron, and Hermione, or Bella and Edward? According to a recent comparison, the Hogwarts kids have the edge — except in soundtrack sales, where the folk of Forks, Wash., have them beat.
3. E-Day has come and gone: the list of nominees for the 61st Emmy Awards was announced on Thursday, and you booed the most egregious snubs and cheered the most worthy nominees.
1. Chris Harrison reigns supreme once more with his latest Bachelorette blog.