Rejoice, Real Housewives fans! The ladies of Atlanta are coming back — Bravo has announced that NeNe, Sheree, Kim, Lisa, and new addition Kandi Burruss will hit the airwaves Thursday, July 30, at 10 p.m. That’s just 36 days away, thank goodness.
But let me break this down in terms that all of us Housewives lovers can easily understand: You will only have three Housewives-less weeks to endure in July, seeing as how the “lost footage” from the New Jersey series airs Thursday, July 9. Hopefully, you’ll be on vacation during some of this time, and you won’t even notice.
After the jump, a quick update on what’s going on with the Atlanta ladies, according to Bravo.
- Kim: When we meet back up with the ladies, Kim will have broken up with the mysterious “Big Poppa,” yet she’ll still be reeling from it all. (Translation: It ain’t over!) And, of course, she’ll still be trying to turn her busted voice into a successful music career, with the help of the new gal, which brings us to…
- Kandi: A friend of Lisa, the newbie jumps right into the nest of ladies. The recently engaged Kandi, who is a former member of the ’90s R&B girl group Xscape, sets her sights on launching her solo career with a new album and by helping Kim.
- Lisa: She’s still doing real estate, but with that slowing because of the economy, Lisa decides to launch a clothing line called Closet Freak. Mmhmm. Lisa also contemplates having another baby — but her husband’s NFL career might deter things.
- NeNe: The fan-favorite is still busy doing the charity thing while also looking for her biological father. Looks like her sassy mouth is going to get her into more trouble, too! (Translation: Hell yeah!) Oh yah, and the fan favorite’s fan-favorite friend Dwight Eubanks will be back.
- Sheree: In the best move ever, Sheree throws a divorce party to celebrate the end of her nuptials. To keep the celebration going, she throws herself into her clothing line, She by Sheree, and its runway debut.
And, of course, the release doesn’t detail who’s fighting with who this season, but we can generally assume that everyone will be fighting with everyone. Or at least hope for that. The release says funny things like that NeNe will “explore her ever-evolving friendships with the other housewives, with some dramatic results,” and that with Lisa “old rumors resurface.” Translations: catfights. Lots of them! Hallelujah!
More ‘Real Housewives’ on PopWatch:
‘Real Housewives’ PopWatch hub
Exclusive: Kandi Burruss joins ‘The Real Housewives of Atlanta’
‘The Real Housewives of Atlanta’: A 5-Point Digest of the Revelations
‘Real Housewives’: Sugar..and vice