It’s no surprise that the week in PopWatch (and even the Music Mix a little bit) has been dominated by American Idol. “Dark horse” Kris Allen pulled off an upset that capped off what was already a very strange, surprising evening. (Kara DioGuardi’s, uh, performance, pictured, comes to mind.) Here’s what had everyone buzzing this week:
10. Josh Wolk watched the premiere of Glee and was not impressed. But, he admits he doesn’t like musicals. This just in: He also doesn’t like puppies, candy, or fun.
9. CBS snatched up Medium after NBC (unwisely?) passed, which prompted us to ask: What is your network?
7. The poster for The Twilight Saga: New Moon debuted, and Mandi Bierly couldn’t help but notice Robert Pattinson’s chest hair.
6. The kids are cute. But Kate’s haircut? Not so much. Get ready for more of your (least?) favorite family, as the Jon & Kate Plus 8 season 5 premiere draws near.
4. Americon Idol ending means Idolatry will soon head into hibernation, too. Sad face. But stay tuned for interviews with Kris, Adam, and Danny Gokey. And start watching Must List Live!, if you haven’t yet.
1. Thousands of you (well, two thousand of you) lit up the message boards to live blog the ’09 finale with steadfast Idol-watcher Michael Slezak. Kudos to all of you for kindly looking the other way when he admitted he crapped his pants when Kris won.