THE TEASE…or a lack thereof
No Lost tonight means no teases today. And a nation grieves. Why is there no Lost tonight? Maybe to allow the Powers That Be ample time to make sure the back half of their season really rocks. But more likely, it’s because ABC wants to make sure it gets as many episodes of Lost into the May sweeps period as possible. (My understanding is that there could be one more break like this, falling right after episode 12.) My suggestions for alternative activities?
1. Read Watchmen, by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.
2. See Watchmen, directed by Zack Snyder.
3. Watch Dexter on DVD.
4. Listen to the new U2 album No Line On The Horizon.
5. Catch up on back episodes of Totally Lost. (New episodes resume next week!)
6. Create some art of your own.
7. Spend time with your significant other and/or family…but only if you really have nothing else to do.
8. Do good deeds for your fellow man. Or pray, but again, only after you’ve exhausted the aforementioned, more important possibilities.
NEXT WEEK’S EPISODE IS CALLED “NAMASTE”
That’s the salutation that Dr. Marvin Candle uses to conclude all of his orientation films. It’s Sanskrit for ”I bow to the divine in you,” although there are multiple meanings. Here’s a video I found that meditates on the robust spiritual philosophy embodied by ”Namaste.” Warning: The following exceeds the suggested daily dosage of spiritual enlightenment.
Of course, as I love to point out, ”Namaste” is also an anagram for ”Me Satan.” Spooky! And whenever I point that bit of business out, I always like to also point out that the logo for Station 3: The Swan doesn’t really look so much like a swan to me but rather…a snake! I’m telling you, there’s something sinister lurking in the Dharma subtext….
NEXT PAGE: Burning Question of the Week