The office pools are closing. The party preparations have begun. And the folks at E! are trying to figure out how to fill six hours on the red carpet. Yes, the Oscars are tonight! If you need to play catch up, check out all of our Oscar-related links below. If you want to weigh in on what you’re hoping to see unfold (changes to the telecast, a Mickey Rourke acceptance speech, host Hugh Jackman performing with Beyoncé and Zac Efron?), head to the comments section. And if you want to know what kind of fun you’ll be having on EW.com, just continue reading.
• Red carpet live blog: Margaret Lyons and Lindsay Soll will brave two hours of E!’s coverage (6 p.m. to 8 p.m. ET), before switching to ABC’s official half-hour pre-show hosted by Tim Gunn, Robin Roberts, and EW managing editor Jess Cagle.
• Ceremony live blog: EW senior editor Thom Geier and I will have the honors for the Oscars telecast, which will
allegedly air from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
• Breaking news: EW will have reporters stationed on the red carpet, in the press room, and in the seats (lobby, and probably bathrooms) at the Kodak Theatre. Then, they’ll hit the parties. We’ll post their dispatches in our Hollywood Insider blog and on our Twitter stream.
• Best and Worst Galleries: EW Couture Correspondent Meeta Agrawal returns to critique the fashion, while EW senior writer Missy Schwartz judges the night’s most memorable moments.
• Morning-after reactions: Dave Karger’s OscarWatch will look at the winners and losers. Ken Tucker will have watched the broadcast and reviewed it.
More on the Oscars:
EW’s Oscars Central
The complete list of nominees
Oscar news roundup: Pattinson, M.I.A., and more
Dave Karger’s Oscar picks
Dave Karger’s video interviews (including Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle and Doubt stars)
Oscar Dresses: All-Time Best (and Worst)
Oscars: 15 Best TV Moments Ever
Kate Winslet: Maybe it’s better if she doesn’t win an Oscar
Beyoncé, Zac Efron to perform with Hugh Jackman at the Oscars: Am I dreaming?!
Oscar Panic! Who else is cramming for the big night?
PopWatch’s running Oscar commentary
Dave Karger’s OscarWatch blog
100 Worst Oscar Snubs Ever
Oscar Do-overs: The Results of EW’s ‘Recall the Gold’ Project
addCredit(“Frank Micelotta/Getty Images”)