Tom Cruise’s to-do list is about to get a lot longer, according to Variety. The 46-year-old actor, fresh from the success of Valkyrie, is currently being wooed by at least five studios as he tries to decide which film to make next. The long list of candidates–from which Cruise is expected to film two this year–includes:
* MGM’s The Matarese Circle, a Robert Ludlum adaptation to be helmed by David Cronenberg. Cruise would play a Russian spy. Denzel Washington is also attached to costar.
* The Tourist, a Spyglass remake of the 2005 French film Anthony Zimmer, which would also star Charlize Theron.
* Universal’s Lost for Words, a romantic comedy about an actor (Cruise) who falls for a Chinese director (Ziyi Zhang), inciting the jealousy of her on-set interpreter.
* Dreamworks’ Motorcade, a Len Wiseman-directed action thriller about a president whose vehicle is seized by terrorists.
* Hardy Men, the long-gestating buddy comedy (currently in rewrites) costarring Ben Stiller.
* The Champions, which is based on the British TV series about government agents rescued from a Himalayan plane crash by a civilization that imbues them with extraordinary abilities.
* Wichita, a Fox comedy about an undercover agent (Cruise) who falls for an unlucky-in-love woman, possibly to be played by Cameron Diaz