Though at least one lesser known, disgruntled weather-predicting groundhog would disagree, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow this morning and predicted six more weeks of winter. Instead of staying bitter, name five things that will keep you going through mid March. My list:
1. The Grave Digger returns to Bones this Thursday, and buries Booth (David Boreanaz) alive. I love buried alive storylines. Also this Thursday, which is why I’m counting it as one: Jon Hamm begins his multi-episode guest stint on 30 Rock. If you see someone on the street in New York City smiling for no apparent reason, that’s me. Thinking of him smelling like frosting. [Insert goofy grin.]
2. USA’s NCIS repeats have hit the episodes where Mark Harmon had that mustache! They’re waiting on my DVR to test my limits. Who knows how I’ll feel???
3. Joss Whedon’s Dollhouse premieres Feb. 13 on Fox. Finally, we get to see if those preemptive save-the-show campaigns were necessary.
4. Fifty-year-old Mark Martin returns to the NASCAR Sprint Cup series full-time, with another chance to win his first Daytona 500 (Feb. 15). Would love to see his first championship follow.
5. I was going to say Sweeps, but then I saw the trailer for All About Steve, the blonde Sandra Bullock romantic comedy hitting theaters March 6. She’s a crossword puzzle maven who follows a hot CNN cameraman (Bradley Cooper) to a hurricane after a blind date. Fingers crossed, it’s as bad as it looks!