Define your sense of humor in 10 items or less. That’s the order we gave John Lehr, co-creator and star of TBS’ late-night comedy 10 Items or Less, and Kim Coles (In Living Color), who joins the series for its third season (premieres Jan. 6, 11 p.m). On the show, they’ll be each other’s nemesis — he’s Leslie Pool, the inept manager of the family-run Greens & Grains Grocery Store; she’s Mercedes “Mercy” P. Jones, the new manager of the rival SuperValueMart across the street. Here in the land of the PopWatch Duel… well, nothing’s different. We’ve bagged their responses. You decide whose list is better by casting a vote in the comments section. They try to tell themselves that they don’t care who wins.
It’s on, after the jump.
The 10 items that define Kim Coles’ sense of humor:
1. My mother, who claims that she is shy, telling dirty jokes like she is a professional comedian and laughing so hard we roll on the floor in a silly heaving mess.
2. Bugs Bunny! I grew up loving Bugs and thinking I was so smart. Now that I am an adult, I REALLY get it! By the way, Daffy Duck and Wile E. Coyote rock!
3. The Carol Burnett Show, I wanted to BE her when I grew up. My favorite: Her Gone with the Wind parody cracks me the hell up every time.
4. I Love Lucy Need I say more?
5. Old Star Trek episodes. I love the fight sequences with that crazy music and those sets with the giant fake rocks. Capt. Kirk is hilarious. I secretly found Mr. Spock sexy, and I am glad that Lt. Uhuru was there to prove that black people made it to the future!
6. Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Ellen DeGeneres
7. Katt Williams, Katt Williams and Katt Williams, honey
8. Love Johnny Carson then. Love David Letterman now.
9. Farts. I am obsessed because I grew up in a house where my father never farted (found it undignified) and my mother did all the time (thought farting was funny). So I am a little twisted.
10. John freakin’ Lehr is a genius at improv, and I can’t stop to laugh cuz I am just trying to keep up!
The 10 items that define John Lehr’s sense of humor:
1. I love stuff that is funny once — if you try to repeat it, it just isn’t as funny.
2. This is Spinal Tap
3. People who take themselves seriously.
4. Any situation which is totally absurd and yet the characters are completely earnest.
5. Topics that are completely inappropriate and really dark crack me up.
6. Monty Python
7. Self-deprecation and jokes at my expense are funny to me. I’m bored by practical jokes.
8. Seeing my fellow cast member Christopher Liam Moore dressed in a ridiculous costume on the show while attempting to keep his dignity. I am especially delighted in the knowledge that I wrote the script which led to his predicament. Did I mention that he is a classically trained Harvard graduate?
9. David Hasselhoff’s rendition of “Hooked on a Feeling,” which we pay homage to in one of our episodes this year.
10. Everything Kim Coles says and does.
Whose picks tickle your funny bone? Kim Coles’ or John Lehr’s? Vote now!
More PopWatch Duels:
Leverage‘s Christian Kane vs. Gina Bellman
Psych‘s James Roday vs. Dulé Hill
Robot Chicken‘s Seth Green vs. Matthew Senreich
The Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons vs. Simon Helberg
Moonlight‘s Alex O’Loughlin vs. Jason Dohring
MythBusters Adam Savage vs. Jamie Hyneman
October Road‘s Geoff Stults vs. Rebecca Field
Jonas Brothers vs. Pete Wentz