Tuesday was a historic day for our fine country. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about:
Kate Ward’s interview with Robert Pattinson the election of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the U.S. We watched, we drank, we voted, then we weighed in on the week’s other important topic: Twilight. Are you on Team Edward or Team Jacob? For now, join Team PopWatch as we Enter the Fray.
10. Gary Susman remembered author/screenwriter/director Michael Crichton, who passed away this week after a battle with cancer.
9. Amy Wilkinson and I staked out the Twilight Q&A with Robert Pattinson and Catherine Hardwick at the SoHo Apple Store (and probably lost a little hearing from the high-pitched screaming. Anything for you, PopWatchers).
8. We voted on Tuesday. You and Mandi Bierly shared how you spent your time waiting at the polls: lines were obscenely long here in New York, but some of you only waited a couple of minutes. And some of us (like me) voted absentee so we didn’t wait at all.
7. Last week we brought you news of the novel David Archuleta apparently wrote in the liner notes of his new CD. Shirley Halperin caught up with him this week and he explained the shout-outs.
5. Twilighters, unite: the first glimpse of our Robert Pattinson collector’s cover drew a lot of responses.
4. Presidential hopeful (and eventual runner-up) John McCain sparked debate with his SNL guest spot — a pretty darn amusing QVC spoof (complete with Tina Fey’s Sarah Palin going “rogue” to sell her own t-shirts).
3. Team Jacob: We solicited questions for our interview with Twilight‘s Taylor Lautner, and you obliged. (Look for the interview next week!)
2. Abby West enjoyed it when McCain supporter Elizabeth Hasselbeck threw her support behind president-elect Obama on The View.
1. Team Edward: You were the most vocal this week. We solicited questions for our interview with Twilight‘s Robert Pattinson, and you obliged too. And obliged, and obliged, and obliged — to the tune of nearly 2,000 responses, even after we posted the first part of our interview!