Entertainment Weekly

Subscribe

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content
Join Now
PetHero: Save 25% at the vet; get toys, treats, and a 24/7 lost pet conciergeLearn More

Article

Box Office Challenge: Do it again, Batman!

Posted on

Darkknightbale_l

Darkknightbale_lCan anything stop Batman? At the box office, it sure doesn’t look that way. As you may have heard, The Dark Knight was a record-breaking winner for a second straight week, banking $75.2 mil last Friday through Sunday — the biggest second-weekend gross in history. Surprise, surprise! Actually, it was no surprise at all. And if you look at the latest results of EW.com’s Summer Box Office Challenge, you can see for yourself: A whopping 94 percent of our players picked the Caped Crusader to come in at No. 1. (The remaining 6 percent? All Step Brothers and The X-Files: I Want to Believe. Suckas.) The winner-by-tiebreaker was our old friend “blink 1082” — yo, Blinky, well done!

Wanna give the Blinkster a run for his/her money? Well, okay, there’s actually no money involved, but you can win some DVDs if you do the best job of predicting the weekend’s top 10 in our game…and then you’ll have the honor of being anonymously skewered here one week hence. Boy, talk about a deal that’s impossible to pass up!

Comments