I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* Lost re-entering the best drama race!
* Pushing Daisies‘ Lee Pace and Kristin Chenoweth.
* Samantha Who‘s Christina Applegate and Jean Smart.
* Damages‘ Glenn Close, Ted Danson and Zeljko Ivanek.
* Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston.
* All of 30 Rock‘s 17 nominations, but particularly the one for the riotous Will Arnett.
• Tony Shalhoub
• Seven nods apiece for Two and a Half Men and Boston Legal.
* Entourage has a ho-hum year and still makes the cut.
* Dexter for best drama series. (Sorry, but it’s really not all that.)
I’m Super-Pissed About:
• The absence of any major nods for Friday Night Lights. Particularly egregious: Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton get snubbed again.
* Pushing Daisies shut out of best comedy race. Also, Chi McBride’s inspired supporting work goes unnoticed.
* No best comedy nod for Ugly Betty. The hilarious Michael Urie (the funniest sidekick on TV) and Ana Ortiz (the funniest sister on TV) were also given the shaft. And, no, I’m not singling them out because they appeared in the premiere of Ausiello TV. OK, maybe I did a little.
* Bubkes for the women of Mad Men.
* No love for Big Love‘s near-perfect sophomore season.
* Emmy misses its last chance to honor The Wire.
* Jim Parsons’ Big snub.
OK, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below.