1. Chris McCandless went Into the Wild on the Stampede Trail, near Fairbanks, Alaska
2. The worst (best?) Idol auditions ever: Seattle
3. The birthplace of Ratatouille: Pixar Animation Studios, Emeryville, Calif.
4. The Palms Casino Resort in Vegas: Host to the biggest VMAs train wreck of all time
5. The Rock of Love house, Hollywood Hills. (Please wash hands before returning to outside world.)
6. Judd Apatow’s L.A. office
7. The American West’s resurgence, courtesy of 3:10 to Yuma and The Assassination of Jesse James
8. The set of Lost on Oahu, Hawaii (we’d pinpoint their fictional location…if we thought it was on a map)
9. The Friday Night Lights of Dillon, Tex.
10. Jericho, Kan.: Survivors of both nuclear holocaust and cancellation
11. Milwaukee: Michael Clayton. Oh, and sausages.
12. Michael Moore’s Sicko — based partly in Michigan — was a different kind of entertaining. The sad kind.
13. Oak Park, Ill., home to one giant Harry Potter 7 party
14. Welcome to Scranton, Penn.
15. Bonnaroo Music Festival, Manchester, Tenn.
16. Dexter, Top Chef, Burn Notice, CSI: Miami…so much for relaxing on the beaches of South Florida
17. Good morning, Baltimore, from the cast of Hairspray
18. Springsteen, Bon Jovi, and Tony Soprano made Jersey proud
19. New York City’s New Zealand Consulate-General, where the Conchords took flight
20. Rockefeller Center, both real and fake, as Meredith Vieira moved to Today, Brian Williams hosted SNL, and 30 Rock won an Emmy
21. Springfield, Vt: Winner of the Simpsons movie location contest. Mmm, contest.