The lords of EW.com, PopWatch, and 007 have given me a do-over, friends — and I need your help!
Last fall, just as Casino Royale was about to roll out in theaters, I put together a list of the best and worst Bond Babes of all time. As it turned out, what started as an exercise in publishing a bunch of super-sexy photos wound up one of our most popular galleries. But as soon as I saw Casino Royale — and, specifically, its stunning leading gal, Vesper Lynd (Eva Green) — I knew I’d have to make a fix. Clearly, Green’s Bond Girl was one of the best of all time. Luckily, the success of the film’s DVD (speshly its high-def version) gives me the perfect chance to make amends. Here’s where you come in: I don’t know where in the list she belongs! This is where my rankings stand now:
10. Melina Havelock (Carole Bouquet), For Your Eyes Only (1981)
9. Tiffany Case (Jill St. John), Diamonds Are Forever (1971)
8. Rosa Klebb (Lotte Lenya), From Russia With Love (1963)
7. Wai Lin (Michelle Yeoh), Tomorrow Never Dies (1997)
6. Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen), GoldenEye (1995)
5. Anya Amasova (Barbara Bach), The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
4. Jinx (Halle Berry), Die Another Day (2002)
3. Tracy di Vicenzo (Diana Rigg), On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
2. Pussy Galore (Honor Blackman), Goldfinger (1964)
1. Honey Ryder (Ursula Andress), Dr. No (1962)
I’m thinking that Vesper/Green belongs somewhere in the range of No. 4, but I don’t know which of these fine femmes I’d want to kiss kiss bye bye. So please lend me a hand in shaking and stirring up the list, and then we’ll put up the revised gallery later this week.
addCredit(“Casino Royale: Susie Allnutt”)