OMG! Things are getting hot and heavy on the U.K. set of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, according to this breathless report, which sounds not unlike the transcript from an MTV dating show. Here’s what I’ve learned:
1. Katie “Hot Lips” Leung (at left), who plays Cho Chang, says Daniel “Lady Killer” Radcliffe (Harry Potter) is a great kisser.
2. Daniel says they were “awkward and nervous” at first, but eventually they were fine.
3. Katie says that Daniel is “energetic and makes you feel relaxed. He talks to you all the time and tells you not to be nervous.”
4. “It was great, the kissing scene was great, it was good, and it was a lot of fun,” says Daniel.
5. Daniel says he and Katie got it right on “about the 30th take.”
5. Members of the crew gathered around the director’s monitors one day because they “needed to see” the filming of the kiss scene because Daniel is like a son to them.
6. Director David Yates: “[The crew] got quite emotional watching his first kiss, it was a very interesting experience and I wanted make it feel as real and truthful as possible. We did many, many, many takes and it’s very tender and loving.”
(Ew, who the hell wrote this — BOP‘s London bureau chief?)
addCredit(“Katie Leung and Daniel Radcliffe: Jon Furniss/WireImage.com”)