Dear readers, I’m throwin’ down a challenge: Please connect Harry Potter and Madge’s Dancefloor in six steps or less. Here’s the catch, though: Each step must provide a good (and viable) entertainment option for one’s weekend. I’ll go first:
1. Madonna’s Confessions on a Dancefloor makes me want to boogie-woogie.
2. Lest we forget, Madonna scored a Golden Globe for her work in Evita, which was directed by Alan Parker…
3. …who also directed Angela’s Ashes, based on the acclaimed novel by Frank McCourt (whose new book, Teacher Man, happens to be out this week).
4. Angela’s Ashes starred Emily Watson, who costarred in Gosford Park with…
5. …Maggie Smith, who graces the screen in this weekend’s likely box-office champ, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (whose characters inspired this particularly jaunty performance by — no joke — Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Dancers). Ch-ch-check it out.
There! It wasn’t easy, but I did it! Now, in the words of Destiny’s Child, ”move, groove, prove you can hang with me” and take the PopWatch Weekend To-Do List Challenge. See you Monday!