Folks, I’ve officially made it through all six stages of Lisa Kudrow’s low-rated HBO sitcom The Comeback.
1) Befuddlement. I thought this was supposed to be a sitcom, and yet I didn’t laugh once during the entire pilot episode. What’s going on here?
2) Revulsion. Puppy poo in her hair? Give me a break! How much degradation can one character take?
3) Anger. Why is everyone so mean to Valerie? I hate that stinkin’ Boyd Duzpauliegsuck!
4) Addiction. Note to self, I don’t need to see that! Note to self, I don’t need to see that! Note to self, I don’t need to see that! Note to self, I don’t need to see that!
5) Acceptance. I’ve got a lump in my throat because they scrapped the ”Aunt Sassy” episode of Room & Bored and that beaver coat shtick was actually kind of funny. I think I might be a little bit hooked.
6) Adulation. I’m a huge fan of The Comeback and I’m not ashamed to say it anymore! Anyone else out there with me? Anyone?
What stage of The Comeback are you in? And will you be watching Sunday night?
addCredit(“The Comeback: John P. Johnson”)