1. Okay, complete this sentence: Marilyn Manson is to music as ______ is to a sandwich.
[Pause] I have no idea.
2. How about, The Osbournes is to pop culture as ______ is to a child.
[Pause] I don’t know.
3. Well, why don’t you give me the first thing that pops into your head?
I don’t think I could give you an answer. I really don’t keep track of these things. [Long pause]
4. Uh, okay. Rank these performers in order of their importance: P. Diddy, Korn, and ‘N Sync.
I really don’t know. [Pause] I don’t want to slag anybody.
5. Which of these historical events best describes your work:
(A) Prohibition (B) a moon landing (C) the Great Depression?
[Long pause] I couldn’t give you an answer.
6. Your role as the frontman for Counting Crows is most like what character in The Simpsons?
[A flicker of interest. Chuckling.] Mr. Burns.
7. How many calories are there in an average piece of hard candy?
I’m not sure.
8. Dude, should I call back when you’re awake?