Meryl Streep has her accents, Tom Cruise his sunglasses. And John Cusack has…rain. Seems the poor guy can’t do a film without getting soaked in a torrential downpour. ”I’ve got no explanation for it,” sighs Cusack, star of the new (and soggy) High Fidelity. ”I wanted to stay dry, but I couldn’t. The director wanted me to do it.” In the spirit of his list-obsessed character, we present the top five John Cusack Rain Scenes.
1. Using a pay phone post-breakup in Say Anything
2. Loitering outside Catherine Zeta-Jones‘ apartment in Fidelity
3. Hitchhiking with Daphne Zuniga in The Sure Thing
4. Landing next to the Jersey Turnpike in Being John Malkovich
5. Trysting with Angelina Jolie in Pushing Tin