Later for Nostradamus. Prophecy fans have a new obsession: The Bible Code, the best-selling hardcover by journalist Michael Drosnin. With the help of a computer, Drosnin scoured the Bible and found it chockful of secret encoded messages predicting recent events (e.g., the Kennedy assassination) and those in the next millennium. Thus inspired, we at EW had our Macintoshes look within the Good Book for the future of pop culture. Here’s what we found:
· Joan Lunden is encoded in Genesis 11:14 next to the words ”Would you like fries with that?”
· Jamie Tarses’ name is hidden in Exodus 2:8 and connected to the phrase ”golden parachute.”
· The phrase ”Titanic release date” in Deuteronomy 31:4 overlaps with ”August 2003.”
· Jerry Seinfeld appears twice in Leviticus on top of the number 18.
· The words Pauly Shore and Armageddon are linked in Deuteronomy 27:1.
· Michael Jackson’s son is encoded in Numbers 1:3 next to the phrase ”lots of therapy.”
· The name Hanson appears in Deuteronomy 2:33 alongside the words ”Where are they now?”
· The phrase ”divorce lawyer” appears in Genesis 24:8, criss-crossed by the names Eddie Murphy and Frank Gifford.